Offering expert legal advice on e-Scooter accident claims
E-scooters have gained popularity as a convenient mode of transportation in urban areas. However, with their increasing presence on our roads and pavements, e-scooter accidents have also become more prevalent.
These accidents can result in severe injuries, including broken bones, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, and more. Our personal injury team are always monitoring the laws surrounding e-scooters and ready to provide you with advise based on the most recent legislation.
Complete the form or call us on 0330 056 2180 to see if you can make a claim.
How can we help you?
Types of e-scooter claim
E-scooter accidents can occur due to various factors, such as:
- Collisions with motor vehicles: Negligent drivers failing to see or yield to e-scooter riders.
- Poorly maintained or defective e-scooters: Malfunctioning brakes, faulty handlebars, or other mechanical issues leading to accidents.
- Hazards on roads or paths: Potholes, uneven surfaces, or debris causing e-scooter riders to lose control and suffer injuries.
- Reckless riding: E-scooter riders operating the vehicles at excessive speeds, weaving through traffic, or disobeying traffic laws.
Why seek legal advice for an e-scooter accident?
When you've been injured in an e-scooter accident, pursuing a personal injury claim can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. However, navigating the legal process can be complex and overwhelming, especially when dealing with insurance companies and gathering evidence to support your claim.
By seeking the assistance of our experienced e-scooter accident lawyers, you gain the following benefits:
- Knowledge and expertise: Our team specializes in personal injury law and has a deep understanding of e-scooter accident claims. We stay up to date with the latest laws and regulations, ensuring your case is handled effectively.
- Investigation and evidence gathering: We conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, collecting evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, and any available video footage to build a strong case.
- Negotiation and settlement: We skillfully negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, seeking the maximum compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Litigation representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our lawyers are fully prepared to represent you in court, advocating for your rights and presenting your case before a judge and jury.
How PM Law can help with e-scooter claims
If you or a loved one have been injured in an e-scooter accident, don't hesitate to seek legal representation. Our compassionate team of personal injury lawyers at PM Law is ready to assist you throughout the claims process. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case, assess its merits, and provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions.
Remember, there are strict time limits for filing personal injury claims, so it's essential to act quickly. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and let us help you seek the compensation you deserve.
E-scooter Claims FAQs
Didn’t find the answers you were looking for? Look at the FAQs below for more information on e-scooter claims.
Yes, if you were injured in an e-scooter accident due to someone else's negligence or a defective scooter, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. It is advisable to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to assess the merits of your case.
Liability for an e-scooter accident can vary depending on the circumstances. Potential parties that may be held liable include negligent drivers, e-scooter companies, manufacturers of defective scooters, local municipalities responsible for road maintenance, or even other negligent riders. A thorough investigation is necessary to determine who is at fault.
If your claim is successful, you may be entitled to various types of compensation, including medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, property damage, and future expenses related to your injuries.
The time limit, known as the statute of limitations, for making an e-scooter accident claim can vary depending on your jurisdiction. It's essential to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to ensure you file your claim within the required timeframe.
Yes, gathering evidence is crucial to support your claim. This can include photos of the accident scene, witness statements, medical records, police reports, video footage, and any other documentation related to the accident and your injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you collect and preserve the necessary evidence.