PM Law solicitors in Sheffield can guarantee a genuinely sympathetic and practical approach to the sensitive nature of this area of the law and a detailed understanding of the issues;
Administration of Estates (Probate)
The loss of a loved one is distressing and traumatic. Following bereavement, we can offer you a full range of estate administration services to help relieve some of the pressure and administrative responsibilities.
We can advise you, assist you with or undertake on your behalf:
- Applying for the appropriate Grant of Representation or Letters of Administration (Probate)
- Administering the whole Estate from start to finish
- Arranging deeds of Variation for IHT planning or any other purposes
- We can also assist with contested probate
We can help….
We can guarantee a genuinely sympathetic and practical approach to the sensitive nature of this area of the law and a detailed understanding of the issues. In addition to offering appointments at our offices, which has disabled access, we can arrange home or hospital visits where necessary. Call PM Law Solicitors in Sheffield using the button below or get in touch via the contact form on this page.
We will discuss your needs with you in detail and advise you on the best course of action. Our probate fees are:
Grant only: fixed fee £1,500 + VAT
Full probate including obtaining grant, collecting and distributing assets: below Inheritance Tax threshold – fixed fee TBC + VAT; above IHT at hourly rate of £200ph + VAT
In addition, disbursements will be payable. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
These will include:
- Probate court fee – £155.
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches – £2 per beneficiary.
- Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors – £69.50 + VAT.
- Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims – estimated cost £30.00 – £80.00 + VAT
Disbursements = approximately £304.50 in total (+ VAT where applicable).
What we will do for you
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter (this will be Harvey Harding, Charlotte Barnes or Greg Nettleship)
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
On average, this takes between 4 – 12 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 6 – 12 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 6 – 12 months. We can then distribute the assets, which normally takes 6 – 12 weeks. Every case is different and it may be that timescales are shorter or longer than this.